Saturday, August 23, 2008

Things are starting to come together!

My leave of absense was approved so I guess I'll be coming home to a paycheck . So to all of you people expecting a Christmas gift, you just might get one (albeit likely a bit late but...) Additionally my landlord has agreed to lower my rent so i don't have to worry about the possibility of subletting to a slimy leech or packing all of my worldly possessions (not that i have many) away! Bonus! they've also agreed to allow me to leave my car in the drive and even to water my plants! a couple less worries for sure! this thing is becoming more and more of a reality by the minute! i'll feel much better when i have my passport with visa back in hand and this darn tefl done! i'm supposed to be having fun with it but i must confess, i am not! I received a message from my in-country coordinator who sounds very nice and has informed me that I will be living on Glenburn tea estate about an hr from darjeeling with a family with two school-aged children and a roommate who I have yet to find anything out about but hope to "chat" with her soon! O.k. off to do some work!! Just a few short weeks to go!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

get to work on the tefl! and remember, the H is not silent, whatever that lesson plan tells you it's a lie. i ave to go and eat my ot breakfast now and urry out the door.

stephrudolph said...

That's awesome that everything is working out so perfectly! I can't wait to visit your blog on a regular basis & see fabulously colorful photos!
Happy Planning.

stephrudolph said...

9 days! I can't believe it!!! The countdown is no longer in "double digits!" Yyyeeeeeehhhhaa!!!! I'm so excited for you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Jodes my trusty travel companion, I am so thrilled that you're finally doing this after years of wishing to. I will not be by your side on this adventure, but I'll surly be there in spirit!! Remember...diamox will save your life in thin air, bribery works wonders with cops, little girls will always be your friends, and...putting your glove in someone else's poo is worse than hucking up bile ;) I will check & write on your blog often, even if you aren't able to. :) Love, Mel